Monday, June 2, 2014

GOD LOVE

Hosea 2:19-23 (ESV)

And I will betroth you to me forever. I will betroth you to me in righteousness and in justice, in steadfast love and in mercy.  I will betroth you to me in faithfulness. Andyou shall know the LORD. “And in that day I will answer, declares the LORD, I will answer the heavens,and they shall answer the earth,and the earth shall answer the grain, the wine, and the oil,and they shall answer Jezreel,and I will sow her for myself in the land.  And I will have mercy on No Mercy, and I will say to Not My People, ‘You are my people’; and they shall say, ‘You are my God.’”

This passage always sticks out to me.  The book of Hosea is so much about God bringing His people back to Him.  It’s astounding to think that God loves us enough to seek us, that even those that are “Not [His] People” He will call them “[His] People”. In the NIV, it says ” I will plant her for myself in the land; I will show my love to the one I called ‘Not my loved one” (Hos.2:23). God’s love is so immeasurable, it knows no bounds.  It’s difficult to even write attempting to convey His love.  But think of it like this……
A train is about to collide into a bridge, the bridge needs to rise, but if that occurs the bridge operators son, will be killed as he is stuck in a gear, to save the people he must sacrifice his son.  It is a difficult decision, but he gives up His son to save the lives of the people on that train*.  In the same way God sent His son Jesus to die for us, so we may have communion with Him.  Always remember, Jesus came and died, for our freedom, so that we may know Him more.  It may just brighten things up.


No comments:

Post a Comment